Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Jim Butcher Writing Experiment - Round 1

[FYI, the JBWE (jib-wee) is based on Jim Butcher's LiveJournal notes]

I am proud to announce that I have slaved over all of Jim Butcher's awesome writing notes. I've come to the conclusion that I would like to write mo' bettah. I believe going through his notes in an exercise format could really tune me up.

I will split these notes and exercises up over several different posts, to keep things more manageable. Plus, I want to do them all myself, too. I hope you'll get on board and do them with me! Let's practice writing and have some fun!

And here goes - I plan to do 1 post per bullet point. Or maybe a combo if they're pretty quick and easy.

The Jim Butcher Writing Experiment - Round 1

The Most Important Thing An Aspiring Author Needs To Know

  1. Write briefly about the thought that there is no such thing as a free lunch.
  2. Explain how things can be simple, but not easy.
  3. Jot down 5 excuses you use to kill your dreams – and then destroy those excuses!

What Is This Craft You Speak Of?
  1. Explain how you think good writing is about influencing emotions

No comments:

Post a Comment